FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2010-10 > 1286381941

From: "David C Abernathy" <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] Downloading Gedcoms
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:19:01 -0700

I would NOT be downloading GEDCOM from within FTM. I would open my browser,
and got location of this GEDCOM and download from there to a file to your
hard drive. I would then import it as a new Family tree, and have a look.
After having a good look, I MAY import it to my family, but in most cases I
type in the data I want, by printing out the different reports.

MOST GEDCOMs contain information that you MAY not want, it may not be easy
to catch it all.

I have found at times a large GEDCOM may get corrupted as it crosses the
internet, and you just need to try again. This may happen to any type of
large files and is not just a GEDCOM issue.

Thanks,
David C Abernathy
Email disclaimers
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.
http://www.SchmeckAbernathy.com
== All outgoing and incoming mail is scanned by F-Prot Antivirus  ==