FTM-HELP-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-HELP > 2012-04 > 1334994526

From: "Nivard Ovington" <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-HELP] Outlook Express appears to affect my Family TreeMaker, or vice versa???
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:48:46 +0100

Hi Hilton

The method you are using makes a *back up* copy for use in case your originals get corrupted etc

Not for making a readable copy of each email

To the best of my knowledge there is no program that will open backed up email to read in the way
you seem to require

I regularly make back ups of my email having lost a large amount some years ago and was never able
to recover them

If you want to make a readable copy of certain or all emails in your inbox you will have to find
another method

Sorry I can't help with that but see no good reason to do that so have never tried except the odd
copy and paste into Notepad or a Word document

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

> This may be deemed off-topic by some...
>
> ~THIS IS NOT SPAM~
>
> Please bear with me it concerns MY Family Tree Maker...
>
> In an effort to backup my Outlook Express emails I found a step-by-step
> method on line...
> http://www.pchell.com/support/backupoe.shtml
>
> The process is very simple to follow.. However once I have saved them and go
> to open them, EVERY one wants to open as a NEW Family Tree Maker file...???
>
> Any ideas why this is please???
>
> I have tried to open them with other programs... No joy...
> I deleted that 'saved' folder and tried the same process again with the same
> result...
>
> I am using FTM 2006/Ver. 16
> O/S Windows XP
>
> Regards