FTM-TECH-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-TECH > 2010-04 > 1271734782

From: Gordon Walz <>
Subject: Re: [FTM-TECH] searching from the Family Page
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:59:52 -0600

Hi all:

I have FTM16 with 2-Gigs RAM. My database is very large at more than 1-Gb.
I have many scanned pics in the respective scrapbooks. All works well, altho
a tad slow.

When I do a search from the Family Page, I Usually get a lot of hits, but
most of them have the padlock in front of the line, and this I imagine means
I have to have a paid subscription to get the info.?? There occasionally
are some hits without the padlock, and these I can display--some are
useful--most are not.

Is there any way around this? Does it cost a lot to subscribe? At present I
am a 'registered guest' on ancestry.com......

Thanks for ANY help.

Gordon in Canada