FTM-TECH-L Archives

Archiver > FTM-TECH > 2011-07 > 1311784417

From: FTM-TECH-admin <>
Subject: [FTM-TECH] FTM 2012 Public Beta - Open to the general public
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:33:37 -0700

Here is an email sent out by the development team about the FTM 2012
Public Beta testing. It has two attachments which I'm not sure will come
through. The first is a Non-Disclosure Agreement and the second is a PDF
file explaining the sync feature. For those interested in getting the
two attachments, send me a message offline and I will send the message
and attachments to you off line.

The beta will only operate until September so this is a "hurry up thing".

<http://link.ancestry.com/u.d?QYGhPKb5_wyok_8I-gV8C=521>;

Dear Valued Member,

/Family Tree Maker 2012/ is coming this Fall, and we'd like to invite
you to try out the beta version! The product is currently in pre-release
testing and we're refining its key feature, TreeSync™, which lets you
link your Family Tree Maker desktop tree and Ancestry tree together.

Participants in the beta will be entered in a drawing to win one of
*five* Ancestry.com World Deluxe Memberships (6-month membership is
valued more than $148.00—see details, below).

To participate, please try out TreeSync™ with your own tree files—as
many as possible. If you already have a Family Tree Maker file, upload
and link it to Ancestry. (Please note that because this product is in
beta, it is presented AS IS without warranty. Because you may encounter
problems, we recommend that you *DO NOT use your original files*,
instead, you should create and *use a copy* of the original files.) If
you don't have a Family Tree Maker file, you can still participate. Just
download and link your Ancestry Member Tree in /Family Tree Maker/. If
you need help, we've included a draft of the User Guide that discusses
sync, which you can use to guide your testing.

Participation in this beta involves keeping all information about the
product confidential until its official release this Fall. *By clicking
on the download link, below, you acknowledge* that you have read and
agree to the attached Non-Disclosure Agreement and will not publicly
discuss the features of /Family Tree Maker 2012/.

To download the software, click here
<http://link.ancestry.com/u.d?C4GhPKb5_wyok_8I-gV8P=531>; and save the
file to your computer. You will then need to unzip the download, and run
the file titled: "Family Tree Maker 2012 - Beta Setup.exe". (Please note
that this will work only on a Windows computer.)

We have many people testing the entire product, and so we're asking that
you focus your testing on TreeSync only. You can pass along TreeSync
problems you find on our private message board
<http://link.ancestry.com/u.d?J4GhPKb5_wyok_8I-gV8I=541>;. To enter a
comment, either click "Begin a new thread," or locate an existing thread
and add your comment to it. Please make a special effort to include
steps to reproduce the problem, or if necessary, send us your tree file
for testing purposes.

If you sync a tree and provide feedback about your experience, you'll be
entered in a drawing to win one of five World Deluxe Memberships
(6-month duration).

*You must provide feedback no later than Sunday, July 31, 2011 EOD to be
included in our drawing.*

Again, we recommend that *do not use your original files* for testing as
this is a pre-release product and there may be issues. Simply make a
copy of your file before testing.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
The FTM Team

This thread: