FTM-L Archives

Archiver > FTM > 2004-08 > 1092649088

From: "robinson" <>
Subject: Backup problems too
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:37:24 +0930

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my FTM backups too. I bought a zip drive so I could keep an external backup of my FTM files and I use the custom backup each time I do one and I've called them bkup220203 and bkup140404 both with the FTW extension. But for some strange reason after the 1st time when I did this the FTM software program on my computer added the bkup220203 to the file on my C drive and this is the file that always opens and each time after I use it it backs up over the same file but the date never changes. How do I get it back to being just Family Tree Maker without a date attached.

When I did the 1st external backup to zip drive I was using Version 7 and since then I have updated to Version 11 and all my data is there - there's no problem with that just the file name.

What do you think - should I be concerned or not,

Thanks for your help
Helen Robinson
Adelaide Sth Australia

This thread: