FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 1999-05 > 0926279915

From: "Peter Cox" <>
Subject: NEW VOLUNTEER
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 07:58:35 +1200

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01BE9ABA.E7B2C580

Hello there fellow FreeBMDites.

My name is Peter Cox and I've just joined freeBMD with the intention of
putting something back into this wonderful hobby of genealogy where
friendliness, advice and assistance so freely abounds.

I'm one of only two subscribers in New Zealand (so far) and have been =
given
the task of entering MD1846E (my file naming convention for Marriages - =
Dec
Quarter 1846 surnames starting with letter E) to MD1846H.=20

I'm semi-retired after nearly 40 years in the computer industry.
Unfortunately my skills stop where most youngsters start these days such =
has
been the rate of change over those years. I'm quite happy therefore to =
be a
humble transcriber but I've always been an "ideas" man so don't be =
surprised
if you hear from me on quite unexpected topics.

For example, I'm currently working on an MS WORD based tool to help =
speed up
the transcription process. If anyone would like a copy for evaluation =
please
contact me direct.

Good typing,

Peter Cox

Looking for COCK, BLEZARD (of Haworth), PADLEY, RAYNER (of Bedale), =
WIGGAN,
CLAPHAM, BLACKLEDGE, DENSON. All around Colne, Lancs, England.

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01BE9ABA.E7B2C580

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello there fellow FreeBMDites.<BR><BR>My name is Peter Cox and =
I've just=20
joined freeBMD with the intention of<BR>putting something back into this =

wonderful hobby of genealogy where<BR>friendliness, advice and =
assistance so=20
freely abounds.<BR><BR>I'm one of only two subscribers in New Zealand =
(so far)=20
and have been given<BR>the task of entering MD1846E (my file naming =
convention=20
for Marriages - Dec<BR>Quarter 1846 surnames starting with letter E) to =
MD1846H.=20
</DIV>
<DIV><BR>I'm semi-retired after nearly 40 years in the computer=20
industry.<BR>Unfortunately my skills stop where most youngsters start =
these days=20
such has<BR>been the rate of change over those years. I'm quite happy =
therefore=20
to be a<BR>humble transcriber but I've always been an "ideas" =
man so=20
don't be surprised<BR>if you hear from me on quite unexpected =
topics.<BR><BR>For=20
example, I'm currently working on an MS WORD based tool to help speed =
up<BR>the=20
transcription process. If anyone would like a copy for evaluation=20
please<BR>contact me direct.<BR><BR><BR>Good typing,<BR><BR>Peter=20
Cox<BR><BR>Looking for COCK, BLEZARD (of Haworth), PADLEY, RAYNER (of =
Bedale),=20
WIGGAN,<BR>CLAPHAM, BLACKLEDGE, DENSON.&nbsp; All around Colne, Lancs,=20
England.<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01BE9ABA.E7B2C580--

This thread: