FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2004-08 > 1093951313

From: Graham Hart <>
Subject: Server status
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:22:06 +0100

Hi,

Just a quick update on the server status.

One of our servers is having a bit of a tizzy at the moment. That's a
technical term that I won't explain further.

As a knockon effect, the other servers decided to stop working in support.

I have restored the other servers, but not the server which originally
failed.

As the failing server is the master server, you will continue to have
problems with file management and other 'centralised' functions.

We'll update you further when we can persuade the failing server to
behave itself...

cheers

Graham

hmm .. step 2 of server recovery .. find a big stick .. look
threateningly at machine ... raise stick ....

This thread: