FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2004-10 > 1099066009

From: "Richard Oliver" <>
Subject: Why won't FreeBMD accept Zacharias?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:06:49 -0600

Here's an oddity:

Transcribing 1903 Births, Sepember Qtr. page 117, I input

COLES,George Edwin,Lambeth,1d,314. So far so good.

On the very next line I am supposed to type in

COLES,George Zachariah J,Dartford,2a,623

But on reaching the Z there is a ping and a notice appears reading
"Run time error '9' - Subscript out of range". I have to press OK,
whereupon WinBMD shuts down and my scan disappears.

On reopening the program, I get another red notice about "error recovery".
This has happened three times. So where's the error? None, as far as I'm
concerned, but if I'm not allowed to Type What I See.... blame the program,
not me. I'm calling him just George....

Richard Oliver
Madrid, Spain

This thread: