FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2006-01 > 1136124617

From: "colin cruddace" <>
Subject: Re: Problems with NTL email addresses
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 14:10:17 -0000

I'm with NTL and use Outlook Express. The only problem that I know of, but
there may well be others, was receiving mail from Virgin. When I contacted
NTL they fobbed me off with spam filtering, but this was obviously not the
explanation as some mail was being returned undelivered. This is a bit over
my head but the most likely explanation I found was that some mail servers
are being blacklisted for excessive distribution of spam and it then becomes
a hit and miss affair of a 'clear' server being used each time it is
re-issued. It would also tend to overload that system by putting the extra
burden on the servers.

Regards,
Colin