FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2006-01 > 1137191006

From: "Barry Callaghan" <>
Subject: Re: Ancestry database
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:23:26 -0000

Stephen

The figure comes from the 'Distinct' category in the FreeBMD entry totals
for 27 Dec 2004.

The definition of these reads as follows: "... the number of records
counting multiple keyings of a record only once (i.e. this is the number of
records that would be returned from a search)."

It is these records I assume Ancestry holds as they clearly would not want
millions of duplicates.

Regards
Barry