FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2007-05 > 1178094542

From: "John Slann" <>
Subject: Re: WinBMD Problems
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:29:02 +0100

Dear Dave,

For the life of me I cannot remember and in any event I am not technical
enough to know at what stage I would have the option to "run as
administrator". The last time I tried to reinstall WinBMD, I stripped out
every last vestige of WinBMD I could find before doing anything. Then went
to the download site and clicked on Install WinBMD Version V link and then
on "Run" It ends up on my machine and looks normal until I try and open it.
Then I get the "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create
object" message.

What is interesting about this problem, is that my new computer came with
Vista Home Premium and using that WinBMD worked with that, it was only after
upgrading to Vista Ultimate that it stopped working and my problems began

Cheers

John