FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2008-01 > 1199470892

From: "Allan Raymond" <>
Subject: Re: Windows Vista and WinBMD
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:21:32 -0000

Carl

Perhaps you can explain why some individuals experience problems using
WinBMD on Vista and others don't.

I'm guessing more individuals can get WinBMD to work on Vista than those who
can't.

As one of those who experienced difficulties with a newly installed Vista PC
but by switching on UAC I have had no subsequent problems. Completed files
land up in WinBMD Output folder as intended.

This would possibly suggest WinBMD isn't the problem but more the Vista
setup process.

To those still experiencing problems it must be very frustrating but
understanding why some experience problems and others don't may lead to a
permanent solution.

Allan Raymond
FreeBMD Co-ordinator of Syndicates