FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2008-11 > 1227746483

From: "mal/wend" <>
Subject: Shoddy Scans
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:11:23 +1030

Goodmorning all,
query: ..if we are doublekeying files here to help prevent errors, why are some of us getting unreadable scans ? to 'type what we see' would mean uploading something that looks like a secret code in some instances.

I've just had 2 such scans & when I looked on FreeBMD, there were all the items in good order & readable. I clicked on the "original scan" & behold I could read it!

Where is the sense in uploading what I had done,only half of which was of use to someone searching for Family? Is it possible for all Transcribers to get readable scans?

Wendy M.

This thread: