FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2009-09 > 1253629057

From: "Allan Raymond" <>
Subject: Re: Transcribing alternate names and double barrell names -Scan1949M1-S-0226
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:17:37 +0100

Karen

The entry in fact has three alternative spouse names but only one District
name. Unfortunately Ashford could be confused as being a place name whereas
in this case it is a surname.

The entry is

Sutcliff, George S. Sutcliff or Kendrick or Ashford
Marylebone 5d 731

and should be transcribed as:

Sutcliff, George S. Sutcliff Marylebone 5d
731
#COMMENT(3) entry reads Sutcliff or Kendrick or Ashford for spouse name
Sutcliff, George S. Kendrick Marylebone 5d 731
Sutcliff, George S. Ashford Marylebone 5d
731

#COMMENT(3) means the comment applies to the entry immediately above the
#COMMENT line plus a further two enries after the #COMMENT line.

Please see our Transcribers Knowledge Base at:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/vol_faq.html#6u for a more detailed explanation.

Allan Raymond