FreeBMD-Admins-L Archives

Archiver > FreeBMD-Admins > 2010-03 > 1268338831

From: Nowl <>
Subject: Re: Some more suggestions for WinBMD improvment
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:20:31 +0000

Charles Bailey wrote on Tue, 9 Mar 2010:

>WinBMD needs some more options for moving around in a file. For
>example, I often want to jump to the last line of a file. The only way
>I've found to get there is to hit PageDown a bunch of times, or hold the
>key down until it repeats, and eventually get there. Many Windows
>programs (Microsoft Word, most web browsers, etc.) use Ctrl-End to jump
>to the end of a file and Ctrl-Home to jump to the beginning. WinBMD
>currently treats Ctrl-End and Ctrl-Home the same as End and Home by
>themselves.

Hi Charles

If the page hasn't been completed (i.e. you haven't added the final
+PAGE line at the end yet), try clicking in the Surname field and
pressing Ctrl-E. This finds the first empty cell in that column, which
is normally the end of the page. Once the +PAGE line has been added,
though, WinBMD will say quite truthfully that no empty cell can be found
:-)
--
Nowl

This thread: