Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 1999-10 > 0941174367

From: <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V99 #86
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 01:19:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/99 1:07:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> As far as I have found with AOL is you can only upload one page at a time -
> unless it is something new in their 5.0 upgrade. Took me quite a while to

I am an aol user only because they aggravate me less than ATT or IBM
which I tried, I am trying to stay calm with them now because after xmas it
will be two months of nightmares. Perhaps with compuserve and someone else
offering these great rebates it won't be so bad this year. I use ftp voyager
and have no problem so far uploading multiple files, they aren't huge but aol
doesn't cause me any problems.
One thing I just noticed on my home computer my screen is set at 800x600
and when I check my pages they are just as I set them up, at my computer at
work I think I changed the size to something larger 1200 x 800 or whatever
and not only do my different fonts dissappear, but in some of my titles the
letters get jumbled up.
I am using netscape composer to do my pages, looked thru some html
tutorials, decided bell & whistles weren't needed but did glean enough info
to learn html is extremely sensitive to almost anything. So when your family
calls to say something is wrong, don't panic.
The one thing I am going to do is blow up thae little box that keeps
asking if I want to stay on line and then 2 minutes later disconnects me.
Sorry for the length..................

Rick Leland
searching for:
Walker-Brown-Shaw-Vinson
Walters-McLester-Ish-Haggoman-Smith-Lombard
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~lelandva/&g

This thread: