Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2000-01 > 0947432638

From: "Kyle and Evelyn Long" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V00 #37
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:43:58 -0600

Here is what I do , I might as well throw my 2 cents in here for what its
worth , I let rootsweb world connect handle the family tree stuff then i ,
my main directory has everything needed for the main index page basically
the front door to my site, then my subdirectory are my surname , for right
know , Brooks , Millington , within the Brooks subdirectory you will find
subdirectory for samuel1819 ,samuel1742 ect ect I do this because this will
contain the photos and documentation, wills of these people and there wives

then my main brooks page will say this will be within a table
{ it starts at generation 1 and continue on other pages }

Generation five

Samuel Brook 1819 Married Nancy Chappel there children were
[Joel] [Samuel] [Sarah]

ect { when there is a document for Samuel or who ever that name is linked

then at the bottom of the Brooks surname page you will find this
Generations [1] [2] [3] [3]

this is linked to each generation page
this is strictly for documents stories and photos each of my pages has a
search window for my gedcom at world connect this way I only have to update
my gedcom and add the documentation as I scan it or get new info I do not
have to rework my whole site every time I add new folks , it is just what I
have found to work Best on a Genealogy site

Belle