Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2000-01 > 0948040140

From: "Paul Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] How to add additional pages
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:29:00 -0600

> I can see the index page. a couple questions. are we limited to rootsweb
> backgrounds?

Absolutely not as you can see by the diversity of pages - check mine.

>I uploaded my page with a background which is beige in
> color, but it appears as a white background.

Two questions. First, did you upload the file that produces the background?
Second, where did you put it? According to your code, it went in:

<.BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff" LINK="#38003a" VLINK="#000066"
BACKGROUND="Documents/Biegebg.jpg" (remove the period before BODY)

Now this says that you put the file Biegebg.jpg in the Documents folder but
there should be a leading slash so if you really meant to put it in that
folder, it should look like:

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff" LINK="#38003a" VLINK="#000066"
BACKGROUND="/Documents/Biegebg.jpg">

>I also added additional
> pages with links, but those pages don't seem to be coming up. I put them
> in the same file as index.html

They're working just fine for me.

-- Happy Hunting!! -- Paul
Houston, TX, USA
Researching: VA - WHITE,LIPSCOMB,HILL,JOHNSON,SAUNDERS,TALBOT,TATE,EVANS
NC - SMITH, BOSWELL, RHODES,
CAPEHART,MORRIS,MARSHE, BRITT,SHAW

View my American Ancestry at:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~paulrsmith