Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2000-01 > 0948119372

From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] odd html
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:29:32 -0500

> I was sent some html and cant figure out what the 3D is for. The author
> said it was not there when he wrote it. Any ideas?
>
> > table border=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"5" cellspacing=3D"25" width=3D"770" =
> > height=3D"264">

[et cetera]

There are many ways to transmit email. One of these methods uses an equal
sign as an "escape" for special characters. The sender's email program
tried to use this method, and SCREWED UP, plus your email program doesn't
like that method anyway. Here's the fix: every where a line ENDS with an
equal sign, take out the equal sign and join the two lines together. If
the next line starts with a space, keep the space. If the '=' line has a
space before the '=', keep that space. Do not keep the space (if any)
after the equals.

All other equals should stay in the file--just delete the "3D"
Easy way: Replace All: =3D" becomes ="

This thread: