Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2000-06 > 0960918884

From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FTP Help
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:54:44 -0500

> I just received a Freepages Web space and according to the e-mail I
> received, the FTP hostname is users.freepages.rootsweb.com and that I will
> see subdirectories (?). Does that mean I should FTP to
> users.freepages.rootsweb.com/genealogy if I want my page in the genealogy
> subdirectory?

Almost.

FTP to users.freepages.rootsweb.com

Login with your user ID. Now you are at

users.freepages.rootsweb.com/~userID

Select ('cd' for vanilla FTP clients) to genealogy_html

Now you are at

ftp://users.freepages.rootsweb.com/genealogy_html

which is the same as

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~userID

With fancier FTP clients, you can rearrange or combine the steps but you
still end up at

ftp://users.freepages.rootsweb.com/genealogy_html

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wgrolea

This thread: