Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-01 > 0979093278

From: Jim Keebaugh <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Transferring software & pages to a new computer
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:21:18 -0800

>1. Does anyone know how I can transfer the software and my pages to my new
>computer?

Download and install the demo software to the new computer, then just copy
your HTML files from the old one onto floppies and transfer them over.

>3. Would I be best to upload the pages which are almost, but not quite,
>ready and then fix them up? (This is definitely not my preference tho')

This is actually not such a bad idea. The RootsWeb server would then have a
backup copy of your pages, in case something happens to them during the
transfer. And, if you should need help, we can do a better job of it if we
can see what you are asking about.

Regards
Jim Keebaugh

This thread: