Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-01 > 0979093278

From: Jim Keebaugh <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Transferring software & pages to a new computer
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:21:18 -0800

>1. Does anyone know how I can transfer the software and my pages to my new

Download and install the demo software to the new computer, then just copy
your HTML files from the old one onto floppies and transfer them over.

>3. Would I be best to upload the pages which are almost, but not quite,
>ready and then fix them up? (This is definitely not my preference tho')

This is actually not such a bad idea. The RootsWeb server would then have a
backup copy of your pages, in case something happens to them during the
transfer. And, if you should need help, we can do a better job of it if we
can see what you are asking about.

Jim Keebaugh

This thread: