Freepages-Help-L ArchivesArchiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-01 > 0979192455
From: Michael Cullinan <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Mail Merge: Ready to Scream
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:54:15 -0600
Okay. I'm actually good at JS, VB & HTML but this is really funky with
Perl and CGI script.
For the benefit of others, I'd be only too happy to volunteer to write
up a really concise, fool-proof document to allow others to create
interactive webpages. That is, once I get through it all myself.
So here's the bee in my bonnet:
The above does address how to create input forms, templates and output
forms, but something significant is missing.
- The input forms are straight-forward and the example is nice and
clear. Done. A gold star.
- Some confusion over the fields for mgr_name and mgr_email.
- To refer to the template, I am unclear as to my exact location. My
website is located at:
Therefore, I think I should refer to the template as:
method="POST" enctype=" application/x-www-form-urlencoded">
- The template is a bit tricky to save off (should that be a txt
format, saved as .tmp?).
- The example provided stated that the following be used to refer
to the Output page:
- For my purposes, I changed this to:
- The rest was a simple cut and paste job from the example provided.
THE OUTPUT FORM
- The Output form does not seem to work. I was able to modify the disp
to RW-RW-RW with CuteHTML without difficulty.
So any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else
encountered a similar problem (and come up with a resolution)?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your ear.