Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-01 > 0979221113

Subject: [FreeHelp] gedcom?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:51:53 -0500

I currently have a gedcom on my site I created with the unregistered version of GedHTree. I am about to update it, which I assume requires that I make a new gedcom and upload "ALL" those files into my directory all over again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a way to "update" without starting over with this program (even if I registered it).

Some of you have yours done with world connect. Is that a better way to do this? If I use world connect, don't I still have to have some sort of program to convert my Paf4 into a gedcom? Would I still use GedHTree for that? How does world connect work? Do I then upload my new gedcom to world connect and link my site to them? After you do this, can I go back and "update" my gedcom with new info without having to make a new one?

I'm confused? I need Pat's wisdom!

:0( ~Anita
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hillsofsalem/

This thread: