Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-01 > 0979243025

From: "Pat Asher" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Mail Merge: Ready to Scream
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:57:05 -0500

From: "Michael Cullinan" <>
> - To refer to the template, I am unclear as to my exact location. My
> website is located at:
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ccfgpw/
> Therefore, I think I should refer to the template as:
> <form action="/cgi-bin/mailmerge.cgi/~ccfgpw/template.tmp"
> method="POST" enctype=" application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

True.

> THE TEMPLATE
> - The template is a bit tricky to save off (should that be a txt
> format, saved as .tmp?).

Also true. However, you can use any extension EXCEPT htm or html. Also,
the template must be uploaded as ASCII, not binary.

> THE OUTPUT FORM
> - The Output form does not seem to work. I was able to modify the disp
> to RW-RW-RW with CuteHTML without difficulty.

The file must be writable, assume this is what you are referring to.
Couldn't find your input form so couldn't look at your template. Need URLs
for further comments.

--
Pat Asher
Ambrose Genealogy