Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-10 > 1004222832

From: Elsi <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] picture pop ups
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:47:12 -0500

At 10:31 AM 10/18/01 -0400, Our_Roots wrote:
>I'm trying to get my webpage to have thumbprints of pictures, and then when
>you click on a thumbprint you get a little box with just the picture in it.
>I don't know the correct terminology. An example of it is at
> .
>Does anyone know 1) the proper term for what I am looking for, and 2) where
>I can find instructions on how to do it?

I use a combination of the target option in my anchor tag and some
JavaScript on my pages to accomplish this. The JavaScript is stuff I found
online at The JavaScript Source --

I'm currently using a script which you can download from on my
postcards page at

However, I just found one today that automatically sizes the window to the
image in the popup and I'm going to give it a try. See it at

This thread: