Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-12 > 1007925482

From: Christopher Brooks <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Would someone take
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 14:18:02 -0500

--=======1C4F4D2=======

George Spencer wrote:

>Subject: [FreeHelp] Would someone take
>
>a look at my web page and tell if they can see the two flags waving and
>a logo under them?
>
>Several folks have told me they are not there, but I get them on my NS
>or IE programs!!
>
>Address: http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~george

I see two waving flags there over a logo in both I/E 5.5 and NetCaptor (my
preference) browsers. But the page seems rather slow to load given the
limited number of graphics ... obviously the animated flags are fixed, but
have you resized and thumbnailed the logotype? The three graphics below the
logotype never did arrive in either of my browsers. Have you checked your
link paths and filenames (particularly case and space issues)?

Try this page for comparison, which loads 1 gif and 17 jpgs pretty quickly.
The scanned photographs were reduced in bits (you don't need 65,000 colors
in a one-inch square thumbnail -- 256 colors will do nicely), resized, and
run through image compression software before upload. It's not a Freepages
site but the principle's the same.
http://sau35.org

Christopher Brooks
Franconia, NH