Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2001-12 > 1009644874

From: "Robert W Fay" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V01 #479
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:54:34 -0600

Hi Ken,
Oh sure. Its called Leak Test and I see they just released verion 1.1
at http://grc.com/lt/howtouse.htm

Its been widely used for a long time. However, within the last couple
of weeks or so, there has been a large security hole found on some
systems related to the PNP, and apparently Gibson has introduced 1.1 to
test that. How well it tests the PNP security hole is controversial so
that is much of the discussion you see. I think Symatec also has a test
site somewhere too.
Bob

On 28 Dec 2001 at 21:18 someone wrote:

> Bob ~ can you share the link for Steve's site so other's can see how
> their Security & Privacy of their own systems hold up . . . then they
> can judge for them selves if they need a Firewall or not . . . and where
> they are venerable :-)
>
> kgh ~
>
> Robert W Fay wrote:
>
> >Steve Gibson's site has an online test to make sure it is working
> >properly. With Zone Alarm you should pass with flying colors.

Robert W Fay
Sturtevant WI 53177

Real Estate Acquisition Services
http://www.clsurf.com/fay/