Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-01 > 1011634760

From: la famiglia Judd <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Privatizing files
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:39:20 -0700

Hi Blake,

From my experience - I can't stand when I find a possible connection and get
a bunch of "Living." I would rather not have any info at all for them. I
have come across many gedcoms on Rootsweb/ and family trees off
Family Tree Maker's World Family Tree CDs that had "Living" or "Private" for
people's names, only to find those people with their full names and all the
dates on someone else's family file in the same place or elsewhere. I would
much rather have a name or nothing, rather than "Living" or "Private."

If you really want to privatize the info for someone, don't include them at
all - not even info for spouses, or children. I've seen many people make
the mistake of privatizing one person, only to give full info for the
spouse, or a child - which in turn makes it very easy to find info for the
person that was privatized.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

This thread: