Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-03 > 1015333795

From: Red-Robbyn <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Resizable Picture (in proportion)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 05:09:58 -0800 (PST)

From: Norm Steffen <>
What I would like to do is place a photo in a table cell (upper left of
two rows and two columns for instance) and have it resize in PROPER
PROPORTION as the browser window was resized.
=====
Hi, Norm!

While HTML supports dynamic line end "wrapping" of text and images
inside proportional-width tables (that's where the width is written as
a % rather than a number of pixels), HTML doesn't dynamically resize
either the text or images. Which is not to say someone won't figure out
how to do that in javascript or some newer web programming language.

I personally size most of my tables as a fixed 500 to 600 width display
and then check its rendering under various screen sizes and through the
WebTV viewer, Netscape, and Internet Explorer. For a quick-and-dirty
check of the display under different screen sizes, I go to the Screens:
line in my toolbox, which opens up 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, and
WebTV-sized windows for me to enter my webpage address into.

I hope this is of some help to you.

The rED..oO ROBBYN (owned & operated by Robin W. Moore)

Homepage: http://www.moorecrossing.com/ a.k.a.
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~moorecrossing/
Web Editing & Genealogy Toolbox:
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~moorecrossing/