Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-05 > 1020434995

From: Larry <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #197
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

Brian

In case you didn't realize it, anyone can save your
pictures just by right clicking the mouse and clicking
on "save image". Nothing is sacred (or secure)on the
web. When you put photos or pictures on the web, they
are there for everyone to see and glean if they want.
I don't know of any way to put them on the web other
than having a password to get to the web site. Then
only those who have the password will be able to see
them. If that is your intent, that is what you will
have to do. If you want to share them with whoever
happens to come across your site, you just have to
trust that they will not use them for some illicit
purpose. In this day and age of "identity theft" it
is scary to think about what people can do with the
information they find on the web. I would think
geneaology sites would be a prime target.
PS - I have deleted your files I downloaded. I only
download a site to see how it is constructed and
hopefully gain some knowledge to help me build a
better mouse trap. I like to use all tools available,
and the web is a wonderful place to find them.

Thanks for the code. I will try using it on my museum
site in the near future with pictures of landmarks
today and yesterday. I have seen a few sites that
have done that with two pictures side by side, but I
think the mouseover is a more dramatic way to portray
it. We are also going to do a look-a-like display at
the museum with relatives who look like each other
(son/grandfather, etc.) I can add this to the web
site at the same time.
Larry Leudenburg - webmaster - www.apopkamuseum.org - http://www.rootsweb.com/~flahs/index.htm