Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-06 > 1024534757

From: "Sherri Souleyrette Hall" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Open New Page
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:59:17 -0400

Hi Claire,

I think I have what you're looking for coded in the Hart County, KY archives
file at http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ky/hart/polstonmem.html While not
true thumbnails, the photos are smaller than usual, and I have them opening
to larger size photos.

First, to get the photo to open up to a larger photo, I recommend having 2
files saved and uploaded for each photo. One will be the "thumbnail" size,
and the other the larger one. The code would look like this (remember to
remove the leading "." when copying the code):
<.a href="testphotoa.jpg"><.img src="testphoto.jpg"><./a> Where
testphotoa.jpg is the large image, and testphoto.jpg is the smaller size
image.

To make the larger photo open in a new window, the code would be <.a
href="testphotoa.jpg" target="_blank"><.img src="testphoto.jpg"><./a> To
return to the thumbnails, all the visitor would have to do is to close the
new window that opened for the large image.

You will definitely want to have both photos approximately the size that you
want displayed so that they will load faster.

Hope this helps.
Sherri