Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-07 > 1025739727

From: Alexander Craghead <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #274
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering whether anyone can tell me what the
reason is for not including living relatives on a
genealogy website. I notice quite a few people do not
include them and some do but don't include any dates.

Is it a security reason? I have included mine and most
of them have seen it and are happy to be included.

Gwenda:

I don't include info on people still alive. Why? A
couple of reasons. One, my site is devoted to closing
the gap between the existing generations and the
generations from the 1700s and 1800s. The lines from
the 20th century are likely only of interest to you,
the descendant.

But there are other reasons. For one, not eveyone's
genealogical records is *ahem* spotless. Some people
are still sore and don't want to be reminded.

Likewise, sometimes the "perpitraitors" are still
around!

However, there are a few branches of my family that
are defineitely hiding something.... which happened in
the 1850s!!!!! This is patently ridiculous. And I will
fight it.

But the priciples are all long dead and that is quite
another story...

Alexander Craghead
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~craighead/