Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-08 > 1028926294

From: "Robinson" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] AAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!! What state? What state? What state?????
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:51:34 -0500

Since these are mostly genealogy based web sites most are visited
by researchers. They may be casual lookers or dead serious long hours
researchers like I am. Either way MOST of them will enter your website
from a search engine which will send them to which ever one of your
pages that makes a hit on what they have entered. Very few people will
"enter" your web site by way of the front page.
When you set up a page about "Grant County" for example don't just
put Grant County in the heading... Please, please, please put Grant
County VA or Grant County KY or Grant County Outer Mongolia but not
just Grant County... I see this a hundred times a day and many of
those pages do not even have a link back to their home page or to
anyplace else. It does no good to click the "Back" button if you were
never there in the first place. If someone lands on your page and
can't tell what state your county or church or cemetery is in it
renders all of your good work useless.

I posted this in frustration but I mean it in the most
constructive way.

Thanks I needed that... :-)

farmer
Too poor to paint, too proud to whitewash...

Central Indiana, USA

This thread: