Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-08 > 1029029841

From: Betty Jean <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #339 Documentation
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:39:06 -0400

Just one more comment on the below: The National Genealogical Society guidelines
state that "all" transcripts should contain the name of the transcriber, the date, and
a complete description of the document and its location. Putting your name as
transcriber to these wills, etc., is only the proper thing to do.

Betty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Betty Naff Mitchell
"Naff and Related Families"
http://naff.bravepages.com/

"Mitchell Genealogy Newsletter"
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/

Mail Certified Virus Free by Norton Internet Security

> > >2. I have been putting my name as transcriber in the different records I
> > have
> > >transcribed to my Wills and Newpaper Accounts pages. Is there a better way
> > >do this so my name won't show up everytime I do a search using my pico
> > search
> > >so my name won't show up or am I getting hung up on giving myself credit
> > as
> > >the transcriber? (grin)

This thread: