Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-08 > 1029029841

From: Betty Jean <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #339 Documentation
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:39:06 -0400

Just one more comment on the below: The National Genealogical Society guidelines
state that "all" transcripts should contain the name of the transcriber, the date, and
a complete description of the document and its location. Putting your name as
transcriber to these wills, etc., is only the proper thing to do.

Betty Naff Mitchell
"Naff and Related Families"

"Mitchell Genealogy Newsletter"

Mail Certified Virus Free by Norton Internet Security

> > >2. I have been putting my name as transcriber in the different records I
> > have
> > >transcribed to my Wills and Newpaper Accounts pages. Is there a better way
> > >do this so my name won't show up everytime I do a search using my pico
> > search
> > >so my name won't show up or am I getting hung up on giving myself credit
> > as
> > >the transcriber? (grin)

This thread: