Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-08 > 1029097241

From: Betty Jean <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #341 Transcribing vs. Copying
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:22:21 -0400

Certainly, G. Lee Hearl is correct to say that, unless you are the "original" transcriber, you do not take
credit for transcription of a document. That goes without saying.

Betty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Betty Naff Mitchell
"Naff and Related Families"
http://naff.bravepages.com/

"Mitchell Genealogy Newsletter"
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/

Mail Certified Virus Free by Norton Internet Security

> Subject: [FreeHelp] Transcribing & Copying:
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:07:52 -0400
> From: "G. Lee Hearl" <>

> > > have
> way
> > > search
> credit
> > > as
> Transcriber is usually thought of as the person who copied the original
> record.. To copy the work of another transcriber does not make one a
> transcriber.. I wouldn't take credit for transcribing a record if I had not
> copied it word for word from the original document.. I would give the
> original transcriber the credit...My opinion..
> G. Lee Hearl
> Authentic Appalachian Storyteller
> Abingdon, Va.

This thread: