Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-08 > 1030493001

From: Valorie Zimmerman <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V02 #353
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:03:21 -0700

Yvonne Self wrote:
> PhlbertSources [Note the name is spelled incorrectly]
> http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~philbertsources/

"Rootsweb" has not spelled anything incorrectly, here. What you have on
your page is <.title>Phlbert Sources<./title> [dots added]. Correct your
Title coding, and you will be listed as you wish in the Directory.

> My background is not showing up. I uploaded
> puffywhi.jpg, renamed it so it would all be lowercase;
> renamed the folder index.htg,

What folder did you rename index.htg? You have no subdirectory named
index.htg. I tried the URL

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~philbertsources/index.htg

and you have no such file or subdirectory on the server. Actually,
puffywhi.jpg is in your family_html folder, right where you want it. The
URL

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~philbertsources/puffywhi.jpg

brings up your background jpg. So you need to code it

<.body background="puffywhi.jpg"> [minus the dot] will work fine.

> made certain the web
> page had image.htg and puffywhi.jpg correctly named,
> but it isn't showng up.

I'm still not clear what the purpose of "image.htg" or "index.htg" might
be. Many people have subdirectories for images, but those would usually
be named "image" or "images" or perhaps "pictures". What is the .htg about?

Valorie

This thread: