Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-11 > 1036917528

From: "Valorie Zimmerman" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] German Characters
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 00:38:58 -0800

You have one type of Control+ characters, Rod, but there is a
different set, too. On my laptop, I have to try different things
before getting things to work right. My webpage, although not as
attractive as Rod's, has both types of character sets, ASCII and
ANSI:

http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~valorie/Special-Chars.htm

rbmc, you also asked about using these special characters in search
engines, and listing names various places. It's always important to
try all the possible variations, in both searches, and listings. In
fact, in the meta name keywords, I always list common misspellings,
if I can fit them in. :-)

Valorie

On 10 Nov 2002 at 0:25, Rod Dav4is wrote:

> rbmc wrote IN PART:
>
> > Hello list.
> > Can anyone help with German alphabet ideas? 8><
>
> You may find my page on "CARDS: Handy Reference Data" useful --
> especially the last section: "G. Special Characters".
>
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/Misc/Cards.html

This thread: