Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-11 > 1037558237

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Freepages directories being shut down
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:37:17 -0500

At 01:20 PM 11/17/2002, wrote:
>Hi Pat, can you tell me what directories will be eliminated at Rootsweb?
>Betsy told me over a month ago that books, family, misc, genealogy & history
>would stay but all others will be deleted. I have since been told, by a
>fellow NEGenWeb CC that he was informed that books would be eliminated. I am
>unsure now how to get a hold of Betsy to ask her again. My books pages are
>actual books online that are genealogy/history books transcribed for my
>county and family sites. I am quite unhappy about the prospect that I was
>told wrong, and how much time it will take for me to move ALL of these files
>to my genealogy directory. Can you advise on this?

Nelli,

At one point, books_html was slated for removal. It has since been decided
to keep that directory because many people are using it just as you have,
for genealogy/historical related transcriptions.

Betsy is Accounts Dept. staff and is in charge of the changes. I think you
can take her word over that of a fellow user <g> You can reach her by
writing to

Pat

This thread: