Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-11 > 1038424619

From: Rod Dav4is <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [FreeHelp] FINDING MY WEBPAGE ON ROOTSWEB
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:17:01 -0500

Hi, Elsi-

Elsi wrote:

> Rod -- while Search Thingy might be taking a long time to crawl your site
> and create a search index, the FreePages index aka the FreePages Directory
> is updated overnight. It only looks at your index.html or index.htm page
> and simply extracts the <.title> element. I suspect that the web indexers
> make rather frequent passes over the FreePages Directory and then follow
> the links into the websites.

Yes, I have been listed in the directory a while now -- although there was
difficulty getting that done, as well -- but no indexing. It seems that the
directory process cannot handle, e.g., redirection or ssi orders! Obviously, that
process uses a different access protocol than that used by the rest of the world.
Such difference is bound to create problems, just as it did for me.
So, how long must it be before someone actually takes a look at this problem?

-R.

This thread: