Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-12 > 1038785310

From: "rbmc" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Re: Share Site
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 17:29:46 -0600

Sharing is good. Let's use it into a training lesson.
Each Rootsweb Freepages category has a directory. Here, we speak
of web sites in Genealogy. The directory URL is:
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/directory/genealogy.html
The "title" of my site is "Blissmer Family". Go to the directory, click
on "B", and scroll down to find the title, then click to enter my web site.
All sites are listed in alphabetical order, according to the "title" the
creator has put on his/her web site.
Simple.
But, remember the importance of the "title" you provide on your index page.
Had I made my title "The Blissmer Family", it would appear under "T's"
A title saying "Homepage of Blissmer" would appear under "H".
"Genealogy of ........" would appear under "G".
If you fail to provide a "title" in your code, your work will get tossed
into "U", or "untitled", and difficult to find. Where do you want to be?
(Yes,
you can change your title at any time)
Sorry to make you work to find me, but reminders are sometimes helpful
too. My new additions include a guestbook, and a page in German to assist
any non-English speaking visitors. Thanks.

This thread: