Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2002-12 > 1039138618

From: "Michelle Peace" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Basic Tag; DOCTYPE
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:36:58 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I found the following errors:

Missing a ">" at the end of the DOCTYPE tag.

Missing a quote mark at the end of your meta description tag (... class of
1955.">)

Missing the slash in your closing head tag. (</head>)

bgproteries

You have a closing div tag after your banner table but no opening div tag.
(The </div> can be removed.)

You have alignoption (when align is used on am image tag.) The image is in between an
opening and closing pair of paragraph tags that is set to alignhowever, so you can remove the alignaffecting the layout.

On the table below that image (the big table) you have heighttable tag. height is not a valid attribute on the table tag. You can remove
it with no effect on your layout.

On the same table tag, you have bordercolorextension, not valid HTML.

Missing closing paragraph tag in your Class Roster cell.

Missing closing paragraph tag in your Walla Walla Web(s) table cell.

You have extra anchor tags (one opening, on closing) in your History of
Wa-Hi cell.

After your large table, you have an extra closing div tag. (There is no
opening div tag. The closing tag can be removed without affecting your
layout.)

On your small table, you have bordercolorextension and not valid HTML.

You have an extra closing body tag. (It might be inserted by RootsWeb their
footer ad in which case you are out of luck for removing it.)

The remaining errors are created by the RootsWeb footer ad insertion.

This is a large amount of useless code inserting by FrontPage but it's is
not invalidating your document. (For example, stuff like empty font tag
pairs.)

-Michelle