Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-04 > 1051348234

From: "Claire Seglem" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Pop Ups
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 05:10:48 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Here is a link to No-Ads: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
I use this everyday, and have no complaints about it. An icon sits in your
tray (lower bottom right) and when a popup appears, you bring up the program
find the right 'ad' and add that to your list of targets you want to block.
I am in NO way connected to the company, just like the program. The ads at
the top and bottom of the pages are much too large these days (I hate the
ones that blink!). I realize that all these new popups and very large
banners are a matter of revenue generation but it looks like I'll be moving
soon, too. While I have a DSL connection, there has been a noticeable
increase in page loading time.

BAH HUMBUG!

Claire

This thread: