Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-05 > 1052664722

Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V03 #163
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 10:52:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/03 10:13:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> Personally, I'm not at all convinced that AOL was necessarily the
originator.

> In fact, I checked the 11 message originators for the list message in
> question. None of them came from an AOL address.

Pete-

AOL posters were not the originator of the code/word that triggered the red
background for AOL list members in the messages, but the problem only
occurred for AOL list members on the receiving end of the messages. It seems
the mere inclusion of the word (with no code involved at all) "bg*color"
(without the asterisk or quotes) resulted in the red background being seen by
AOL list members.

In any case, it isn't a major problem--right-clicking within the affected
message text area and selecting "clear background" from the menu that comes
up removes the red instantly.

Joan

This thread: