Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-05 > 1052669438

Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V03 #163
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 12:10:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/03 9:52:02 AM Central Daylight Time, JYoung6180
writes:

> Pete-
>
> AOL posters were not the originator of the code/word that triggered the red
> background for AOL list members in the messages, but the problem only
> occurred for AOL list members on the receiving end of the messages. It
> seems the mere inclusion of the word (with no code involved at all)
> "bg*color" (without the asterisk or quotes) resulted in the red background
> being seen by AOL list members.

Joan

My apology for not noticing that only AOL members were complaining about
receiving the list message with a red background, but I don't think we solved
the riddle yet.

I tried using your example of sending myself a message with the word
bg*color (without the asterisk) several times and with several texts and the
problem was not reproduced. In fact, I copied and sent myself an entire
source from a webpage off the internet and it came through exactly as is. No
red background and no html codes executed. Also, since I have AOL 8, and you
have AOL 5, the problem doesn't seem to be version specific.

I agree that it isn't an insurmountable problem but it would be nice to know
why such things happen. If anyone cares to send me some text to test their
theories, I'd be grad to respond.

Pete

This thread: