Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-06 > 1054844387

Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] OK, this is getting really annoying (adserver)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:19:48 +0000

Which page?

This one?
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/Home/index.html

I ask because that one is 141.6k in size between the HTML(28.3k), CSS(5.5k),
JavaScript(.8k), and images(107k!) - and that's before the RootsWeb ads are
inserted.

Pulling that page up within 20 seconds on a dial-up connection is amazing.

The RootsWeb banner was 20k though which *is* high. It would be nice if they
could reduce the file size on them some. The ad I saw could have been easily
reduced in size by simply not being animated. :)

Another I pulled up by reloading the page, a 16k JPG this time, could easily
have been compressed to 9k with no visible loss of image quality.

-Michelle :)