Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-06 > 1054854326

From: "Adrian Furniss" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] OK, this is getting really annoying (adserver)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:06:12 +0100

All who are interested in Banners,
Banners are included by a bunch of external JavaScript files. These are
fairly complex, in that they randomly cascade to include . I traced it all
through once and if I remember correctly, the banners DO actually have their
height and width attributes set. It's therefore my opinion that any delay
experienced in seeing the banners (and the whole page in some cases), is
caused by the serial downloading of several .js files - maybe 5-ish levels
from each of 3 roots per page; it's hard to tell just by examining the code,
as there's a lot of conditional branching. I'll devise a trace one day and
discover more.

Adrian