Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-06 > 1055288753

From: "Heidi Page" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] WARNING re Spam Blockers
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:46:08 -0500

I don't have mail-washer but I do have Earthlink, and their spam-blocker &
filter system works well for me. For instance, it would be impractical to
add the address of everyone on this list, so I set my filter to allow
through every email with "FreeHelp" in the subject line. I also have
filters set to let through other emails, and then I have turned on
earthlink's "Agressive Mail Scrubber", which destroys any email that isn't
from someone in my address book. So, each email message in my box is first
run through the filters I've defined; if the email doesn't meet the
criteria I have set up with my filters, the "Aggressive Mail Scrubber"
destroys it. Hence, I don't see unwanted spam in my mailbox. It might not
work for everyone, but it works great for me!

Heidi Page