Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-06 > 1056992085

From: "Adrian Furniss" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Include file
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:55:30 +0100

BB,
> Does an #include file have to be in the same subdirectory as the file it
is
> to be included into or is there another code for including files from
other
> folders?

You've probably hit the nail on the head here. There is indeed another code,
namely :
<.!--#include virtual="xxxxx" -->

The rules are :
To include a file in the same folder or in a sub-folder, sub-sub-folder
etc, use <.!--#include file="xxxxx" --> (i.e. relative path)
To include a file in a higher folder or in a sub-folder, sub-sub-folder
etc. of a higher level folder, use <.!--#include virtual="../xxxxx" --> or
<.!--#include virtual="http://domain/path/xxxxx"; --> (i.e. relative or
absolute path)

Why on earth the SSI gurus should have designed it this way I know not!

HTH
Adrian