Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-09 > 1064417033

Subject: [FreeHelp] .pdf files
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:23:57 -0500

--bound1064417037

Yvonne Self <> wrote:

>I am trying to upload a .pdf file to my web site, and
>I keep getting a note: "Permission denied on server
>(Filname (accept))

>What's wrong? I even changed the .pdf file to a .jpg,
>and got the same message.

>This is not my personal account, but rather one that
>belongs to a genealogical society.

Yvonne:

The issue is most likely not one of .pdf or .jpg file names. The "permission denied" messages is usually received when you are trying to upload a file into your account directory instead of the xxxx_html directory.

To help us resolve this problem, it would be useful for you to tell us what FTP tool you are using (WS-FTP, RootsWeb File Manager, etc.) and describe the settings as well as the steps you are taking as you go through the upload attempt.

Regards,
Elsi

--bound1064417037--

This thread: