Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-09 > 1064749232

From: "Adrian Furniss" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-list of files has replaced main page
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:40:32 +0100

Yvonne,
The problem appears to be that you have an "Index.htm" instead of an
"index.htm". Case is important here. If the server does not find
"index.htm", then it serves a file list instead.

So, rename this file such that it is all lower case.

To avoid mistakes, is good (though not essential) policy to name all files
in lower case. It is also good policy to use *.htm or *.html throughout
rather than a mixture.

You will also need to ensure that all links to "Index.htm" are changed to
"index.htm" throughout the site, or they won't work.

HTH
Adrian